Friday, January 16, 2009

Exhibition Week is Over!

Exhibition Week is Over!

Goodness it's only the second week...and I'm saying I'm feeling busy

Anyway let's talk about Exhibition Week~ It's INTI's beautiful name for the scary week, where all INTI clubs set up booths and try to force attract people to join their clubs.

As usual, the most active and popular clubs and attention grabbing clubs are STACT Club (Student Action Club), LEO Club, Adventure Club, Chinese Cultural Club(CCS). INTI Vybes is also attention grabbing because they play music LOUD (and especially when your booth is facing their speakers X.X).

STACT Club and LEO Club are known for their community service activities and passionate members. Adventure Club is huge and pretty active, with lots of exciting but expensive trips like jungle trekking, waterfall etc. Several of my friends are in CCS, including my roommate who was forced to very commitingly helped out with the decorations for the CNY Cultural Night next Thursday. (I will definitely go support la, don't worry don't worry)

Now, how about my club- Catholic Student(s-i'm not sure whether it's 'students' or just 'student') Society, short for CSS (please don't confuse us with CCS, but I get confused anyway). It's infamous for being small, quiet, poor, etc. =D Never mind, we shall forever be motivated by the inspiring words of our Chairperson and Vice Chairperson, Gerard & Clare last semester~~~

"We're small, but we are-"
"BIG!"


^O^ ^O^ ^O^ ^O^ ^O^

Last semester we registered 26 members. This semester we got 31 members!! Way to go~ And the diversity looks promising: we have Malaysians (Chinese, Indians, Bidayuh, Mixed :)), Indonesians, a member from Motswana, an American, a student from Myanmar... oohh....hope they'll come for the Gathering Night...

[Btw, registered members include old members and committee as well as new members :O]

Registration fee was RM3 (same as last semester). Just a note, last sem the money from registration fees were just enough to cover the food expenses for Gathering Night...and food prices have increased over the months o.o But I shall be very happy if the food runs short on Gathering Night [because that means the number of people who turned out is more than expected! :P] But it will be bad if people's morale fall due to food shortage =A=

---------------------------------忙碌的分割线--------------------------------

I'm sorry I forgot to take pictures of the exhibition week, but I'll try to get some pictures of the GRAND exhibition board we spent two or three nights staying up till 1am making last semester. (sorry I wasn't around for the 1st night, went to KL)

This time we shared the exhibition board with, Buddhist Club ^_^ Quite interesting. Shows the values of unity among different religions in Malaysia ^_^ (which makes me wonder if we shared the board with CF :D)

Which reminds me, I should introduce ICF, the INTI Christian Fellowship. ICF is very nice, very well organized and with many passionate members. Protestants mostly join this club, but anyone can join if they like. (Similarly, you can join CSS even if you are not a Catholic or a Christian =3) I've been to a few of their meetings, and their music never fails to touch my heart =). I wish I could play like that too, but I'm still quite reserved.

[back to story] This time we didn't spend so much time decorating the board. Planned to print the CSS logo (designed and drawn by Clare) and paste, but on the morning of the exhibition when I went to Networking Printing to print the logo, their computer didn't support photoshop file O.O So we filled up the board with words instead (which we had spent lots of time to cut out from shiny paper- thanks everybody who helped, esp during the night before)

About 9.45am (we planned to open the booth at 10am), then we realized we forgot about the registration forms (O.O) Fortunately I'm the type who likes to hoard "useless things that might be useful someday" so I still had the soft copy of the forms and all the INTIMA documents in my pendrive so went to print them. And then asked Eric (whom I called during class and he called me back) who came at 10 to buy the receipt book from INTI bookstore [please remember to get a receipt].

Last minute OTL and have I mentioned that our chairperson Gerard fell sick the day before exhibition...couldn't even go to church orz

[I might have been the one who spread/worsened the virus T.T I also think I might have spread my cough to a few more ppl...Gomenasai T.T]

Emm, let's just jump to more interesting stuff. Manga, Anime and Games (MAG) club was next to Buddhist club, so I always saw a lot of people lepaking there, including those from my batch. Anbin dressed up in a black kimono and green striped hat today (trying to cosplay Kisuke from Bleach) but haha, not very convincing LOL! They even have a fake sword~

House of Commerce was opposite us this time (last sem they were next to us ^^;) Green Knights is a new club, started by Zi Liang (friend from my batch), about environmentalism. I signed up for it =)

This sem I'm joining INTI Concert Band (ICB) and Toastmasters which I joined last sem. I'm worried baout whether I can manage my time or not with so many activities X.X But hopefully I can!

-------------
Which reminds me I have a Microecons test this monday and Moral Assignment to pass up by Friday O.O Getting sick last weekend and busying with the Exhibition Week has made me lag in studying and sleeping. Better get to work.

And yeah, I dropped US History 2 and switched to World Religions; to make this change I had to switch from Malaysian Studies to Moral Education, and switch sections from Calculus 1A to 1C. Which means I now have one 8am class on thursday, and one 9am class on friday...

AUP opened another section for Music Appreciation. Alas, it clashed with too many of my classes, so no hope~ Never mind, I'll be grateful for the classes I have now..
------------------------
I SUBMITTED MY UWASH APPLICATION!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!

THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO HELPED TO PROOFREAD MY ESSAYS:
esp. my bro Josiah who read almost all of my essays even the supplements and cared to comment on them all even though you were busy, and Papi for correcting my grammar and helping to cut short my essays even though you were busy too;
my brother's German friend and British flatmate for their expert critique;
Jun Tat, Hui San and Mei Qi for offering your honest and useful opinion;
Michelle, Anna and my roommate Suk Sien for motivating and sound advice;
THANK YOU!!!

6 comments:

Hazuki said...

wa ur blog posts are lengthy lol

mei hua said...

haha i know i know...i'm trying to cram everything i want to tell into one post...

mq, how in the world do you make time for quality blogs?

Anbuchudar said...

Since when CSS was under ICF.. They say wan ah? HAha...

mei hua said...

oh css was never under icf issit? (from whom did i hear it again...)

then i better go edit...

josiah said...

thank you for appreciating my hard work ^^

mei hua said...

of course i do T.T *hugs josiah* thank you~~~~~~