Thursday, January 29, 2009

4th Day of CNY (incomplete post, will edit it with more photos)

I know everybody loves food..

Look at the colorful cookies and tidbits waiting for you!!
[i'm so desperate]

8888888888888888888888888恭喜发财88888888888888888888888


Today (& tomorrow**) my mother made some snacks...

Ingredients: popia skin, sheets of dried seaweed (紫菜,nori). Both can be found at the supermarket, cut into squares and ready to be used. *edit: the seaweed is rectangular, not squares. sorry for the mistake!


Step 1: Place the dried seaweed on the popia skin. Roll it up, stick the ends using (using flour+water as glue).



The 'glue'...



Step2: Cut the rolled up popia skin+seaweed into smaller pieces, like the ones below...
The scissors look so menacing o.o


Step 3: Pour oil into wok, hot fire, put the stuff in and deep fry


My lovely mami smiling when I said I'm taking photos for my bro Josiah XD


Step3: When the stuff turns golden brown, you can take them out and Presto!

Packed up.


One tin of these ('seaweed rolls') is sold for RM14 at Tesco. RM10 without seaweed. Those manufacturers really know how to makan duit. O.o

Mami taking a break from rolling the stuff.

9999999999999999999年年有余99999999999999999999

How about my father's cooking?

Pig Stomach Soup


*grins* Today Papi was our chief cook for dinner.

I love Pig Stomach Soup. With lots of pepper to make you warm inside out!


168168168168168168一路发168168168168168168

Instead of doing assignments, I was making these:

Chuey Sien taught me how to make the mini lantern things, and also how to make the big lantern, but i haven't tried making it. Thanks!

The flowery angpaus are from HongLeong Bank. My bro works there =.=

I like making the lanterns, but i find it very frustrating to thread the red threads for hanging the lanterns. I'm not that good with needles. And the mini lanterns look so incomplete when i try to hang them.

FISHIES are the best- takes mere seconds to make and look great XD~

May write a guide on how to make them if i have time.

888888888888888888888财神到8888888888888888888

Bai Nian Aunty Siew Hong's (aka Lee Chee) and AUnty Siew Im's house (our neighbours) this afternoon with Mami and Joshua. Haiz always no yuan with Lee Chee. Whenever I go to her house she's always in KB. at BBQ also I went late and she went home early due to stomachache. =A=


The choco cake and butir nangka at Aunty Siew Im's was greeeeaaaat! I only ate 2 small pieces of choco cake and 2 butir nangka.

Lack of sleep these few days. Blogging=A LOT OF TIME DAMNIT. My biological clock is messed up. (JT my friend T.T) And I stil have Calculus and MOral Assignment which i have hardly started on. But I still wanna blog.

Joshua: Can get money meh blog?

Haiz...for the sake of memory, memory, memories... No money can buy sweet memories. But cameras do help =)

Happy CNY!

p/s CNY 1st Day n 2nd Day are being backlogged...but i do want to blog about it..

p/s Must really get started on my Moral Ass. tomorrow. OMG!!!!!!!!!! I GOTTA SLEEP-----------

No comments: