Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tsuyoku Naritai!

Yeah, I'm back at INTI for a week now, life promises to be busy for this semester~

Enrolment (to change my subjects) was CRAZY. I lined up (and cut queues shamelessly) 3 times! In the end I only changed Advertising to Microeconomics (1B). Music Appreciation was full =(

What subjects am I taking this sem? Chemistry, Calculus2, Malaysian Studies, US History 2, Microeconomics...

I have no 8am classes at all, although I didn't do it on purpose!

The original lecturer for US History and World Religion, Dr.Renuka was involved in an accident the day before enrolment and is now in ICU. It's really sad...the seniors had said she was a very nice lecturer...please pray for her.

So it turned out that Prof Borges, the American Prof who taught me Sociology last sem, is going to take the US History classes =A=! I hope I can get an A in his class this time =A=! I was considering dropping US His and switching to Public Speaking, but I'm scared of public speaking...so I didn't.

Public Speaking is accepted by University of Wisconsin Madison for transfer, so it's useful.

My Chemistry Lecturer, Mr.Yeap Weng Siang is a young guy, who is very exam-oriented (product of Msian edu sys like us), but so far he's ok. He's very fair, sighs everytime before starting a sentence, likes to hit the words he is teaching, and eats butter waffle (LOL). Dunno whether he's nervous or dislikes teaching.

Calculus2 Lecturer is Mr.Chan. Turns out Mr.Nathan (who taught me Cal1 last sem) is taking Class 1B, so many of his students wanted to change to 1B. But his health is not very good, until now they still don't have class. =A=

Microecons is taught by Mr.Adrian Tan. He's a focused lecturer, so I think it'll be good for us.

Msian studies =A=. taught by Mr. Raymond Lee. It doesn't sound very promising. We already have our first assignment, must write crap about a Current Issue, hand in by 22 Jan...

US History only starts next week.

This week I've been kinda free but not quite free. My roommate disappears to help out the Chinese Cultural Society to 'paint flowers' every night, so I can enjoy watching anime at odd times in my room XD. Last night we decorated Catholic Students Society (CSS) exhibition board. Decided to just print the logo and paste it on the board.....less work than our shepherd and sheeps last sem =3!

Next week is Exhibition Week...where all clubs & societies will set up booths and try to catch as many members as they can! Rumours have it that there are many Catholics in this new intake....heeheehee...

=P Nahlah, we won't force ppl to join.

Now
US UNI APPLICATIONS
I'm not placing much expectation on the commonApp unis....because my essay sucks the more I read it. *cries*

I'm still on the application for Uni of Washington (UWASH), deadline is 15Jan (next thursday). I want to write a new essay, but I'm stuck for ideas. I'm considering writing about how becoming fat changed me, or how about Malam Koku, but I haven't managed to write a full essay (just very messy sentences).
A small idea

I answered the supplement question, but the more I read it, the less sense it makes. So I'm seriously doubting myself but I don't know what else to write!

My Activities Log has been kindly shortened and concised by my father, but I'm doubtful about the Singing part...very. I wrote about ELS, singing, church involvement, dikir barat, and teaching experience at Dian. (max 5 activities)

And the worst is...I'm not putting in enough effort. I need motivation and inspiration! I don't wanna panic and get all desperate the night before the deadline!! I'm so wimpy now. And plus I feel my body getting heaty (a few JPA scholars have fallen sick and I don't want to be the next X.X)

I must be stronger!! Grrr....my roommate n the others are working so hard to ace their interviews (Carnegie-Melon & Cornell) but what am I doing? Sleeping, watching anime, writing blogs, falling into the lethargic mood.

Tsuyoku Naritai! Although my mother will still say she loves me no matter I get accepted or not, I know she's expecting the best and I really really really don't want to disappoint the people who have supported me so much by not trying my best!

I just want to do my best and craft a beautiful essay for UWASH! Then I shall have no regrets.

-----
p/s Pei Ting has transfered to INTI! I'm going to have lunch with her tomorrow!

p/s The ciborium at Nilai Chapel has been desecrated (the ciborium containg the hosts stolen by thieves). This evening the Bishop is conducting a Vigil of Reparation...

1 comment:

josiah said...

A preview of microeconomics... LOL

"Economics is a study of allocating scarce resources to satisfy unlimited wants."

"If demand increases and supply remains the same, then the price of a good will increase."

"In Perfect Competition, if P < AVC then you should close down your business in the short run!"

I love microeconomics... =P