I'm the type who, when facing a problem, is bursting to share and rant and brag to available people whom i trust, and aftre vomiting it out of my system, then i'll feel capable of reflecting and accepting it.
The problem with publicizing a blog is that I have to start being careful of what I say. If someone related reads it, there might be misinterpretation and touch-wood touch-wood, all hell breaks loose. I hate to offend people (lest they start hating and offend me back), but what is a blog for? To rant and voice out my dissatisfaction- and doesn't dissatisfaction usually stem from other ppl's behavior or attitude towards myself? It's gonna be really hard totally not to badmouth. I know I know it's not good to slander ppl, but since I'm still not mature enough to accept everything and everybody as they are yet, i will try to keep this blog quiet until that day when either i'm no longer scared to discuss ppl openly or I've learnt enough to do so in a neutral way.
Well, you see, sometimes it's not what ppl say that makes it unpleasant, but how ppl say it. One of our Malaysian cultural values is being considerate, so the etiquette may range from you don't talk too loudly, you try not to offend ppl by saying things indirectly. In contrast, westerners don't care so much so they'll speak out their opinion without reservation. So many of us are not used to it (the directness of speech). What he said really has a point, but how he started the topic is probably not a good way...erm ya it was sarcastic. He did so probably he was serious about these things, but if you don't want ppl to start arguing...
In retrospect, what he did could be good in a sense. BEcause he didn't care who would hate him or not. He just said what he thought was right. And direct points tend to shoot into one's conscience and may touch a sensitive nerve, and the point STICKS. Because when you hit a nerve, you make ppl remember you, get mad over you, think about what you did; even discuss it with their friends. Now whether it will spur the person to action is a different matter; the point just sticks.
(what i said is from my own point of view and experience. might not apply to everybody.)
Like Austen said/quoted Fr. Michael in his sermon, 'Listening is the Key of Communication" but listening by itself is not sufficient. we must swallow, digest and use what we've listened and learnt. Most importantly, we should speak too and give others a chance to listen to what we say.
--------------------------------------[end of rant]------------------------------------------
Nope i wrote this rant some time ago.
Not much to say about CSS Gathering Nite. Just felt weird. Not as nice as last sem's. Attendance rate was two thirds expected number. This translates to only 20xRM1=RM20 subsidy to cover food expenses for 30=Rm100+ T.T But there were a number of new faces...Lie, Terrence, Justin, Felix etc., and the guys from MIAT (Malaysian Institue of Aviation Technology) came over too =D
Lie is a new African Girl, Terrence is from Shah Alam, taking A-levels Law (like Austen), Justin is from ASAYO (Archdiocese Single Adults and Youth Organization...rasanya), Felix is Justin n Austen's friend. Those 3 i suspect are Youth Leaders.....aaaa
Borrowing the keyboard from SAO was surprisingly easier than expected. You just gotta print a memo, give to your SAO officer to sign, then give to Mr.Leong to sign, then he will book the time for you and you go collect it at that appointed time. THE KEYBOARD IS NOT VERY LIGHT I carried it all the way from SAO to B2-Lo1 and was rewarded with aching arms later (Joan same fate- she carried the curry chicken). I tell you lar, the keyboard was long-up to my chin T.T.
Damian played Alvinston's guitar (he said Alvin's guitar keeps going out of tuning o.o)- Shine Jesus Shine and Engkaulah Segalanya (You are my All in All). Of course i can't play Shine Jesus Shine well without much practice T.T
Clare was absent coz she ahd to go back to Sabah for CNY early =( Serious lack of manpower T.T Credits: Austen was OC for the night, Norman was MC, I took Music, Eric took games, Michelle was publicity (she made poster :D), Gerard did opening prayer, Shaun did closing prayer XD XD~
So this Tuesday we're having a gathering at SC115 (no idea where is that O.O). Hope it can work out (arg Action Song). Chemistry Test on Wed, World Religion Test on Thursday. T.T I want to do my best
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment