Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer in Ulu Minnesota

I didn't even have the time to reflect on Spring Quarter and my sophomore year! T.T I really really want to do it coz so many things happened in Spring Quarter that's worth reflecting about and retaining in written memory...

But for now, here's an excerpt from email to my parents i wrote today:
--------------------
Sorry if you couldn't get me on the phone. My handphone is really weird, it'll turn off by itself without me realizing it so sometimes I go for hours without noticing that my phone is off even though it is with me. Today also I only realized it just now and just turned it on.

The professor who is in charge of this internship right now has agreed to supervise my independent research for fall quarter. So now I need to come up with a research topic. Hmm... trying not to be lazy and read the necessary background reading for it.

Oh yeah, this Saturday I'll  be running a 5km marathon in Kensington Runestone Park, near the place I'm staying with two other housemates. This weekend is the Kensington Runestone Days Festival, and apparently there'll be fun events going on this weekend :D Otherwise the town is really quiet and doesn't have much to do (even fewer shops than Pasir Mas! can't believe it). There's a Catholic Church near where I'm staying (10 min walk away, and one of my housemates is also Catholic). Surrounding the town are agricultural fields over hills and plains, lots of big and small lakes, and prairie remnants. It's really countryside scenery. 

Today I cooked stir fry bok choy (but accidentally put too much oyster sauce >.<), and my cooking partner made vegetarian shepherd's pie. One of our housemates is vegetarian, and one is allergic to wheat and tomato, and another housemate is allergic to shellfish, so we have to consider them when cooking :) 

During weekdays, it's lights off by 10.30pm or so....I go to sleep before 11pm....wake up around 7am.... but still sleepy during the day I dunno why >.< i always doze off after lunch when professor gives a talk zzz >.< i got eat multivitamin everyday wor... so my tactic now is to munch on something while professor talking so i won't fall asleep...>.< I'm getting along well with my housemates - I'm glad!
----------------------
 Well that's about it! i gotta go to bed before 11pm so good night! off off!

3 comments:

athens said...

Normal 2 feel sleepy after lunch!! Haha

mei hua said...

eden: haha, but i'm sleepy not only aft lunch though >.< my teammates say it's probly dehydration, coz i don't drink enough water!

athens said...

just say it;s summer xp