(Note to MQ: How come your UTAR Idol and my Treblemakers audtions on the same(?) day?O_O)
Didn't want to make a big fuss out of it so I didn't really tell anyone. =P
The acapella group, Treblemakers, sings Chinese/J-pop/K-pop/English songs.
I didn't really prepare much for this audition. As I said, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it because it would stress me out unnecessarily. From past experience, I can sing pretty well during normal conditions but not when i'm nervous/in front of lots of people. Also I didn't expect much out of it (there are way too many good singers at NU).
I think it was a good choice =) though I think I shouldn't have eaten that green tea ice cream on monday or tuesday, and worn my scarf more often.
So how was my audition? It was not my best, but it could've been worse. So not a total failure (not like INTI Idol audition which was total crap), but not really a stunning performance.
The process went like this: they gave me a 'form' to fill in, with lots of interesting blanks and asking me to be creative [i love doodling...n filling in blanks]. After that the person went into the room and read out my form o.o
After range testing, it was solo- my prepared song. I sang 他不爱我 (He doesn't love me), by Karen Mok. Coz it was safer than 新不了情 ( i run the risk of crashing into falsetto/ go off tune if i'm nervous). Well i didn't go off tune, I don't think i crashed into falsetto, but I wasn't careful with the tone, so my voice wasn't as clear as it should be.
Then we had singing from memory. (Like piano aural test) The pianist played a long tune twice, and I couldn't remember it, so I just simply made up something like it x.x (Josiah teach me one). Then one of the jury asked him to play a shorter one, which I had no problem with.
Then sight singing. The sheet had from easy to difficult, and I got the second level (medium). It wasn't too hard, though I messed up a little towards the end.......
Lastly Interview session. They asked me some generic interview questions (how did you hear about treblemakers? etc.) , and questions related to my form (quite a lot lol). Then they said they'll contact me through email once they've decided.
^_^ I quite enjoyed the audition. The jury (about 5-6 ppl) were pretty nice =) Of course I could've been better (i would probably be cringing if i heard a recording of it). And well i'm not gonna expect much. I could audition again next time if I want to. See how.
Ok, I've been so lazy lately x.x I need to return to the tenacity of Fall Quarter. Agh. God give me strength. ~~~God Gives His People Strength~~~
1 comment:
maria oh maria...
add oil ya!
miao will always support you de~~~
Post a Comment