Thursday, January 21, 2010

MEI HUAA....MEI HUAA.... =A=

Look at what I found O_O

Dedicated to all who like Mei Hua...whoever Mei Hua is to you...



Look what I found when I was googling my full name. Lol. There have been so many songs about "Maria" but this is the first time I saw a non-Chinese song about Mei Hua-- and it's a 90s Malay rock ballad! Reading through the comments on Youtube made me laugh...so many people like my name apparently... the first line of the chorus is soo catchy isnt it? ^_~

Mei Huaa...Mei Huaa....Lalalalalalala.....ahahahahaha!
I'm gonna find myself singing this whenever I need some stress relief XD.

I wonder why the lyricist (his/her name is shown in the video i think) chose Mei Hua, and which mei or hua does he mean (if he knows), since there are so many words in Chinese that are pronounced "mei" and "hua"?

By the way, I would like to say that my mom loves polka dot, but I'm not a fan of polka dot...(but I'm sure someone has a 'thing' for GREEN X WHITE polka dots ;P)

Ok, now to take your minds off me Mei Hua, this is something from Music Station two/three years ago.


Teshima Aoi, who was the seiyuu for Teru in Tales of Earthsea/Gedo Senki (from Studio Ghibli).
I was attracted by this song, and the unique tone of her voice. Obviously the effect was enhanced by the studio, but I really enjoy the "closeness" I feel when I listen to her, as if she was singing right beside my ears.

Oh and don't forget the gorgeous instrumentation...really good background music which brings out the best in her song.

Read from Wikipedia that she caught the attention of Toshio Suzuki, chief producer at Studio Ghibli with her rendition of The Rose (famous song by Bette Midler). I like the calm, "round" "feel" she gives to The Rose, though her pronounciation is weird sometimes...=.="

Here's another, more recent song from Teshima Aoi. OP for a game: Fragile~ Tsuki No Haikyou.
More variety in the vocals, less of the "breathy" type and more of the clear type.

Coz you might get bored if you listened to the same type of vocals+same type of song consecutively, esp. for this type of slow, relaxing ballads.



----
I shall resist the temptation to make a report on my recent life. I do mean to make a review of Infinite Ryvius sometime. Oh but if u want to know what's going on...feel free to ask =P

No comments: