shukufuku no toki wa kuru te wo nobashite te wo nobashite ryoute agete!!
~Sakura Saku, Love Hina OP
Just so impressed/impacted/kangeki by what happened that I just had to blog about it.
Yeah- i was at Northwestern's Anime Club anime karaoke night just now! When they sent out an email asking about interest in anime karaoke night I went "Yes! This is what I've been waiting for!" Even though it's not real karaoke, just play videos on youtube and sing along with microphones in a lecture hall in Tech from 8+pm-11pm. IT WAS SO FUN~~~~!!!!! Noeru Mei Qi we can totally do anime karaoke this way ^O^
I sang: Bouken Desho Desho (Suzumiya Haruhi OP1) with a guy and a girl, Let Me Be With You (Chobits OP) with a girl- not a very good choice, so don't sing this at karaokes! , Doraemon OP with Ken (Alicia's Mat Sci Buddy), Sakura Saku (Love Hina OP), and Be For You Be For Me (Love Hina OVA ED) with a guy (his name is John if I'm not mistaken).
Other songs that I sang along with: Pokemon North American OP, Cruel Angel Thesis (Evangelion OP), Fly Me to The Moon (an oldie, as well as Evangelion ED), Bleach OP2 =)
and of course, the FINALE song - I'll Make A MAN out of You (from Mulan, which technically is not anime but it's a song that everybody (at least in USA) knows)
I didn't know a lot of the songs but they were pretty nice!
And why was I so impressed?
Well, usually no one ever talks to me in anime club (i don't really talk to anyone either, besides ppl whom I already know, like Rebecca or Ken). I also don't go very often.
But today, people seemed to like my singing (esp Sakura Saku haha) OvO and 3-4 ppl approached me after the event and said that I have a good voice and such! I was quite flattered ///// One guy, he's in a doujin group asked if I was interested in voice acting? Another guy told me that my voice was very similar (to the singers i suppose) in japanese at high speed- he had to repeat about 3 times before i could catch what he said...^^;; He also asked how long I've been learning Japanese (or something along those lines) and I said I never taken any classes, just learnt from watching lots of anime and singing songs (yeah i actually answered in broken japanese). I am quite flattered..........let me be on a high for a while........^^;;
But seriously I can't sing as well as I'd like (yes I failed my auditions for Treblemakers and Harmony in Spirit; and I never got beyond 5? songs on 163888 because my recordings sucked). I know that my main weakness is breath support...Proof: I have trouble sustaining notes sometimes, I can't sing with full power and tone at high notes, my voice tends to break, etc. But I just (last month, by a stroke of fate) found out that my neighbour (yes my actual neighbour who stays across from my apartment unit) actually teaches voice and piano lessons! My mum says I should take lessons, since she is so near. I'm planning to do so too (not too many, coz lessons are expensive! O_O)...once my busy period in school is over. And then hopefully I can fix my breathing problem and sing better =)
Oh one thing i've gotten better at is singing in front of people - I think I'm more daring to sing in front of people now...like friends (thanks to my encouraging housemate and CANTAMUS)....though still shy a lot of times. (For this anime karaoke i for some reason was quite confident (coz i've been singing those songs for years?) and nobody was judging, so I basically didn't care about anyone and just enjoyed myself thoroughly =) )
So glad that I don't have midterms next week (though I have a paper technically due Monday and a GSW makeup assignment, and TWO midterms the week after). That allowed me to let loose for a bit.
But anyway gotta get back on track. That paper is important! 15% of my big grade! And gotta ace that two midterms next week too!
What else? I'm currently watching Lovely Complex and Haruhi Season 2. Like Lovely Complex very mcuh!
Oh and I left my cute popular hat that everybody recognizes on Pace 213 bus last last week =(
But then the bus driver told me she picked it up and put it at the Lost and Found when I got on the bus the following week =) Praise the Lord!
She said that if i couldn't go to Lost and Found, they can send it to me via a bus driver if i can tell them which bus i'm taking.
I called Lost and Found today and they didn't seem to understand.
So I'm debating whether to go to Lost and Found. I'd have to take a 30 minute bus ride........I would totally do it if I didn't have this paper due..... coz i really want that hat back....and God even gave me a chance to get back something that I thought was lost...
I should exercise more. Been eating too many snacks recently =(.
Oh, and I was quite happy with SEANite this year! Cilipadi rocks!
Happy Chap Goh Meh! (kindof over already whatever :P)
1 comment:
sounds fun=)
Post a Comment