Thursday, April 30, 2009

CSS Trip to Seremban...tsuzuku!

Ok, even I myself am getting tired of writing in such miniscule detail.
but it's important to me. coz i might find myself trying to recall back these little little things a few years down the road. Anyway!


Fast foward to the morning itself. Jeng jeng jeng.

Twas a bee-yew-tee-fool morning...


And what do we have here?



Gerard the Brahma of Kiasuism pecking away at Psycho lol.
Someday I shall blog about Kiasuism and what it means lol.


The stuff that Gerard seorang diri carried down from 3rd floor to ground floor (applauds =P) and then 4 of us Clare, Michelle, me, carried to the bus stop.


This ish not junk!! All these cost RM130!!! And it's gonna be put to good use at Virashini Home =).

Adit skywalking. Yoanna. Candid shot.


Even though I only asked for the mini bus (coz we estimate 20 participants), but they gave us the Big Bus! For free!! Wheee~~~~~ we have the whole bus to ourselves!!!!!


The turnout for the event? 12+1. 12 out of 18 who signed up came. Norman couldn't come coz he had to help his sister move house; Eric couldn't come because he had 4 Tests & 1 Quiz next week FREAKIN CRAZY!!! Frank pulled Godfrey into his car that morning and made it 13, whee~~!!

Lone (pronounced as "Leona") busy on the phone

Joan is camera-shy! (that's my jacket, btw =P)

Morning scene in Seremban ^_^ Looks just like Malaysia. Me likey.
We reached tepat 9am. Just in time for mass. But it was already crowded with crowds. Some of us had to sit outside. Some got the deluxe center seat right in front of Father Michael hehe. I sat with Clare near the back.

Michelle~~~!!! This was after after mass and almost everybody had gone home.

After Mass, we seated ourselves in the church compound and discussed what games to play at Virashini Home. Gerard & Clare walked around asking for directions to Virashini Home (we are so last minute hor orz). For lunch, Sherman told us that we could buy from the church canteen. But there were too many people so we decided to walk down to Parkson.


I like the fact that a Catholic Church, a Sikh Gurdwara, a Hindu Temple and a Parkson Grand can sit comfortably within walking distance of each other =D There's a Methodist Church further down the road too if I'm not mistaken ^^

On the way to Parkson, we passed by a nice flight of steps, and we couldn't resist the temptation to take group photos in front of Majlis Perbandaran Seremban LOL!!
Everybody point at Gerard!!!

Priceless expression. XD

We had our lunch at Parkson. At first we planned to refund the participants RM5 for their lunch money. But they generously said we don't have to refund them if the budget was exceeded. (T.T) I am very touched~~

After lunch, we walked back to the Church and hopped on the bus to Virashini Home~ The bus driver had many misgivings about whether the bus can drive into the narrow lanes and out, so we hopped down, carried the stuff and walked to Virashini Home.

********

I think none of us expected to see what we saw.


I am embarassed to admit that I didn't know Virashini Home is a home for the mentally handicapped. Seriously. We didn't know. Obviously we couldn't play any of the games we had planned. We were rather at a loss.

The caretaker, Angela showed us around and told us stories about the folks living there. Here is a little girl with a curved spine. She could not eat normally, and sometimes had difficulty breathing.

Gerard's late sister also had the same affliction. She passed away last year at the age of 17.


I think all of us felt lost and didn't know what to do. When we saw a helper folding clothes, most of us sat down and began to help her fold clothes. I didn't. I wanted to go straight to the folks, but I felt nervous. So I tugged at Michelle.

Michelle said, "I think we cannot do the games...Let's just spend time with them and talk to them."

When I asked her to come and talk, she said, "You go lah."

So I went. The first person I approached was Mimi, a girl of 14. She sits in a weird posture with her head down. With their hair cropped, we couldn't tell who was a girl or a boy. It was Angela who told me. Mimi and her sister, Ah Fong, were from Kelantan. When their father passed away, their mother sent them here.


Frank, Mimi, another lady, the man with beautiful eyes and me.
Adit said I was proposing to him LOL. Seriously, he has really beautiful eyes and long eyelashes, and he likes to hold my hands. He never managed to speak but I felt he was trying really hard to speak. I like him ^^



Michelle and her 2 friends. Michelle is really good. She listened patiently to two of the folks there telling her their stories, sympathized and empathized with them.


A young boy helping out at the home, and Adit. Adit himself also has a mentally handicapped younger brother, who knows how to play Counter Strike lol.

I sat with Mimi, holding hands for quite a long time. I don't know whether she's sleeping or awake, but I believe she likes to listen to music. When I sang some songs to her (like Shining Friends, 手牵手我的朋友), she actually looked up! ^_^


The lady in orange is Angela, the caretaker of the home. She is really really brave and strong and all the folks at the home love and admire her. It's not easy running a home. I respect her for her dedication.


Funny guys VS Frank and Godfrey. Not sure what they were doing, but the yellow shirt guy can speak a bit and is funny.

There are also a few hyperactive little boys who kept running round and round. They are so cute!
The little boy half-hidden behind the cradle really loves acting. Would run around and randomly start pretending to faint.
This is how the Home looks like. There's a tiled open space compound outside the house.

Victory. V. Funny guy, Adit, Iva and Desi.
Around 4pm, we walked back to the bus (tired and under the sun. I thank the members for not complaining!! T.T i owe you guys...). On the way to the bus thunder was rumbling and lightning was flashing all over the sky. Kinda scary but beautiful. ^^
On the way back in the bus I contemplated whether to still go for mass at chapel or not. I felt tired, and may have a Calculus quiz the next day, and I don't really want to come back from chapel alone. But if I dun go then there'll be no music. So I called pami and consulted them. They said it's ok not to go, coz I've ady attended mass at Visitation, besides I have a quiz tomorrow. And pa said that they would understand, coz sometimes Mary (USM student who comes to play the organ for our church) cannot come to play, and pa understood and said it was ok, and they also didn't have music for those nights. Finally I messaged Aunty Sita I couldn't come for mass. She seemed disappointed. But I'm glad i decided not to go. I hadn't realized how tired I was until when I went back to my room, attempted to study calculus, and just fell asleep at the table: with my chin on the book and pencil still in hand!
Will talk more on the issue of keyboarding for the chapel in another post. I do hope that this won't be my first and last event. I want to continue having the desire to help and serve the less fortunate. I want to remember the message of I THIRST. Make a difference. Till then~
I love this shot. ^___^

No comments: