Thursday, December 9, 2010

In Memory of Auntie Y.

I received some shocking news yesterday. Never ever thought something like this could happen. A family friend, my mum's friend, was murdered in her own home in my hometown. Very sad and very shocked. How could this happen?

I remember this lady since young. Our families visit each other. I know all her children, her husband. My brothers were friends with her sons. She gave me angpau many times. She had been struggling with Parkinson's for many years now, and recently had an operation to help her cope with it. From what I know of her, she was a kind and friendly person. She must have been a good person, that's why my mum is friends with her. I don't understand why would anyone want to murder her, (or murder anybody for that matter).

Imagine if this were to happen to my family. I'd be shocked to death. Imagine what her children and family must feel. Imagine what his son felt when he saw his own mother dead in such a brutal way. It's horrible horrible horrible. Everyone I knew who passed away died quite peacefully, but poor poor Auntie Y. God please bring her soul into heaven and allow her soul to rest in peace.

And her murderer. Her maid is the main suspect. I honestly wish it was all a mistake and it was not a murder, because the murderer suffers as much from killing, perhaps even more.......I cannot imagine anyone killing another person directly....

May God console everyone who is hurt by this event and console the hearts of everyone who is grieving... May God grant peace to her soul and everyone affected.

****

No comments: