A little emo...
Meeting INTI friends again after 1 year is amazing. Totally no awkwardness. Had even grew closer to some.
I guess it's because we haven't changed much since we last saw each other?
Perhaps time and distance takes away distance.
Maybe I'm a little less shy and a little more confident.
But I think I'm definitely less helpless than I used to be.
Do I feel differently towards INTI ppl? (sensitive issue - coz there are some INTI readers here ;))
Vast majority - no differently. A few even closer than before, unexpectedly, for example Karen, Shiau Shuang, Lew Jin, and Sik Hoe - I based this on the fact that we had more conversation than we ever had back at INTI). But there are some that i feel slightly more distant - it has nothing to do with how they treat me and such; it's more due to my personal expectations of them- so its my end of the problem not them.
Few drawbacks - because of my underassertiveness, I missed the chance to visit some ppl I'd like ot have visited, e.g. Hae Ju, Jimmy. Also wanted to try riding Chin Wei's bike.
Madison itself is pretty nice. I like State Street and West Towne Mall. I like the Lakes (you can actually see the other side of the lake!! unlike a certain Lake Michigan =.=) It's really pretty. State Street is very much like my favorite type of street. (=Colorful interesting restaurants and little shops). Oh ya, we went to a super traditional mass at Holy Redeemer... traditional choir with sopranos and tenors and bass and pipe organ... I found interesting that the priest stood to the right of the altar instead of the center - which I really like, because then our focus is directed towards the center, where the crucifix and the Sacrament was placed (yup sacrament was also placed at the center). But I felt that the choir (sopranos esp. -.-) was too loud and detracted away from the mass. I visited St. Paul's Catholic Center and it seemed nice --- the chapel was in an underground like chamber with minimal decorations so I think they wanted it to resemble the underground catacombs in which early Christians had to hide and hold masses in. The music that was coming out from the music room sounded good, like Sheil's choir except with a larger and fuller choir :) The only drawback (yes i am comparing it to Sheil) is that the offices were empty...takde orang... :( Maybe there would be ppl closer to the mass time? Or maybe because it was thanksgiving... Anyway next time I'd like to go to St. Patrick's church (isn't it impressive that there are THREE catholic churches in Madison within walking distance of each other....not to mention a slew of other denomination churches.....).
Oh I think I've gotten better at looking good in photos.....long hair helps....cute hat helps....funny poses helps..... ;P
What else? this ocming week is my study week. Next week finals liao lo!
I actually have a lot to study........hmmmmmmm I gotta buck up starting tomorrow. My bio is in a sorry state, and I'm worried about Orgo 3rd midterm (synthesis T.T), and EPC is tattered to pieces ( I lost interest in EPC since the water issue....sigh....) Get back on track! I have to make it before ifnals.
Everybody (in college) has a lot to study too. So we must support each other!
I also feel that I'm very lucky in terms of living conditions. So lucky that JPA funded my first year's dorm lodging and meal plan (thanks NU for making it compulsory for 1st years to stay on campus), so I managed to buffer my transition to moving off campus. I feel that my friends have so much to deal with first year coming here. I hope that everyone will find their place in USA soon (and not suffer a "lonesome" 1st year as I did), make good wonderful and diverse friends (=not only Malaysian friends) as I have, and benefit from the great education and resources that US universities offer.
Same goes with friends in Malaysia and other countries. Find your place, make great friends, and appreciate and savor your education! It really is not all a torture. Learning is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
how about columbus ohio? wen u wan come? haha
Post a Comment