"[I] inspect the "sanitary facilities," where all appears to be in good order: roll of paper, can of lime, black widow spiders dangling in their usual strategic corners. On the inside of the door someone has written a cautionary note: ..." Edward Abbey. 1969. Desert Solitaire: A Season in the Wilderness. p.37
"When I write "paradise" I mean not only apple trees and golden women but also scorpions and tarantullas and flies, rattlesnakes and Gila monsters, sandstorms, volcanos and earthquakes, bacteria and bear, cactus, yucca, bladderweed, ocotillo and mesquite, flash floods and quicksand, and yes-disease and death and the rotting of the flesh." Abbey, p.208.
------------------------------------------------------------------BEWARE
the above extracts may be something you're going to read if you want to major in Environmental Science/ Conservation/ or just plain interested in Nature.
I kinda like Abbey. Lol. I have to read some books and some journals and stuff and talk about them in class for my freshman seminar, "VALUES OF BIODIVERSITY". It's actually quite fun, (except when you have 2 quizzes+1 long lab report+1 long essay due on the same day). I like my classmates, the lecturer is laid back and can be adorable lol. It's a casual setting, 17 of us (incld lecturer) and we feel free to express our ideas. Yeah even bashful little me. Even though my explaining skills kinda suck. And I MUST prepare for it lest my tongue gets tied. =& like on the 1st day of class.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, Happy Things~!
My professor praised me for my essay!!!!!!!! KYAAAAA~~~~~ ^O^I'm so happy! I'm so happy!
But I will not expect much for the grade. Besides it's like only 10% of the whole grade.
But I'm really happy to write something that I like and people like! Even Papi said it was good! I'm kind of surprisingly elated =P
and btw, i have another 1000 word paper due next thursday! oww..
Other Happy Things:
Apple-picking with Cilipadi (Kumpulan Budak Sekampung) in Wisconsin this Saturday!
I like the Malaysian Group.
Fiona (senior from INTI) is super helpful...she accompanied me all the way to downtown without asking for the reason (i needed to get medicine for my rashes),
Yoke Peng was a wonderful host, letting me and Tee Jin tumpang at her place for free!, brought us around, and even let us feast on her cooking (twice!);
Alicia Mama is the "Iron Lady"- type, blunt, sharp tongue, great organizer, naggy, independent, and altogether adorable- dun tell her i called her mama though :P;
Yee Hoong Papa is funny and a wonderful senior- i haven't seen enough of him though;
Tong Wei, Chyuan etc.....and oh, Tee Jin. XD. Thank you Tee Jin for not complaining when i haven't paid you the phone bill until now...
Lazy to describe more.
"Easy Writing is Hard Reading". I agree and I don't care!
Next happy thing:
MEIV Small Group (MEIV= Multi Ethnic InterVarsity Christian Fellowship) Esther, the leader of the Small Group, is really really freaking out sweet and adorable. The way she speaks reminds me of Anna, her looks remind me of Mei Yee, and her personality is bubbly and bursting with plus energy! She asked me out for dinner (out of the blue- we only met through a Msian gathering- she's Fiona's friend- and we hardly talked, yet!) and she allowed me to blab on and on about myself (yes maria actually loves to talk about me, me and me) and...man, she made me cry by praying for me. Just hit my sore spot~~~
[Jia Lerd also almost made me cry in KLIA by praying for me through the phone. T.T]
I really like the small group members. I just feel comfy with them. Though we don't really know each other. Dunno why. And today Brianne prayed for me and I for her. She's so sweet.
Ok, gotta go~ (OMG my math homework and chem lab and math reading!)
p/s I'm gradually liking my roommate more and more. Her name is Natalia. I like the way she suddenly smiles- so cute! She's tall and has a gorgeous well toned body.
(Ah Miao get ready lots of tissue when you come to US -- scared you'll keep getting nose bleeds when you see all the girls here LOL)
No comments:
Post a Comment