Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy [F]ather's Day + [F]reshman Year Look Back

Thank you my dear Papi for bringing me up...for changing my nappies and feeding me when i was a baby...carried me around when i was sick...waking up in the mornings to make a big breakfast...and always being there to listen to whatever rants, ramblings I heap on him...always giving good advice, encouragement, and being a strong solid rock with a gorgeous tenor voice and a lovely round belly.

My Papi's temperament and interests are closer to mine, so I felt closer to him than to mami when I was young (fierce mami, gentle storyteller papi ;) ) It has changed somewhat now, with mami=storyteller, though papi is not fierce. Though I realize papi's weaker points now (so he's no longer the ideal daddy of my childhood), I see his strengths clearer too and he is so much more dearer to me now.....T.T

I love you Papi and miss you T.T Can't wait to get back in August and see papi and mami's faces.

***

Freshman Year is done (if you don't count summer).
I feel like I've learnt so much this year. Much more than I've ever learnt in 9 months.
I've also been severely stressed out that I felt so much like hiding in a hole, hiding under my bed or under the table, or creep under my blanket (comforter) and sleep away the reality of the world. This happened several times when I found myself with a big scary task (assignment, paper, job application, interview etc) looming in front of me that needed to be done (very soon) but I was scared of doing.
But being so far away from home, I could no longer turn to my papi to help me finish, or copy from my classmates the next day. My task was something that only I could do, and I had to do it, whether or not I liked it. And time would pass by at its own pace, whether or not I had to turn in that paper in 24 or 10 hours later, or whether I had to walk 20 minutes to get to where I was supposed to be, or whether it was 2am in the morning and I still hadn't finished that 4 page paper...

I had to learn to take responsibility for my actions and mistakes and choices. I also learnt to be a lot more independent, to try to do things on my own first, if I can - but then I got scared to asking people for favors. I learnt to express my ideas and opinions a little more. I learnt to re-believe in dreams. I learnt to just try, try and see, see how it goes.

I also learnt many new academic knowledge, and reinforced old knowledge. I learnt to love Chemistry. I learnt to study hard for unfamiliar subjects.

I also lost some. I tend to neglect my family and friends back home.

I need to go prepare for my class tomorrow so I'll stop here for now. Sorry for the abruptness. =p

No comments: